A Boning Knife Designed by F.A. Porsche is essential if you plan to make a career in the Culinary Arts. This has a thin, flexible knife allowing to get the small spaces to remove the bones from cuts of meat. A stiff boning knife is good for beef and pork while a flexible boning knife has chicken and beef.
All Chroma Type 301 kitchen knives feature Japanese 301 stainless steel that’s ground on both sides of the blade to present an extra-sharp edge upon its very first use. As an added benefit, Japanese 301 steel is able to maintain edge sharpness longer than any other type of steel. Here’s how the Chroma cleaver surpasses the competition. For starters, it’s lightweight. Second, it’s a well-balanced knife. If you’re puzzled as to where to place your hand to ensure perfect knife balance, for a clue look no further than the small, raised metal knob on the side of the knife. It marks where the blade and handle interset, helping you find the perfect grip for maximum knife control. Finally, its "V" shape feels super comfortable in the hand so you can work long periods of time without your hand muscles growing tired.
- Stiff, sharply-pointed, narrow blade (5.75" long) made of Japanese 301 steel
- Ergonomically correct handle designed by Porsche
- Made of rust, stain and corrosion-resistant 301 stainless steel
- Raised metal bead marks blade-handle fulcrum to aid in hand positioning
- Otherwise, no seam where handle meets blade (i.e., hygienic)
- Lifetime warranty
Notes: Do not use on marble or glass, or to cut bones or frozen food. Hand wash and dry only. Store in a knife block. Only sharpen using a Type 301 whetstone.